Thursday, July 15, 2010

Well...this is awkward.

Now for the part of the story that has nothing to do with the baby.

The first time I was in the hospital, Brandon had a phone interview with a company in Bellingham, MA. He had a follow-up phone interview a couple of days later, while we were still at the hospital. The day before I went into labor, he finished his PhD thesis defense. Two days after Calvin was born, he flew up for an interview and was offered the job. Which means that the name of my blog will no longer be correct. I'm not going to change it or anything; it isn't worth it. There's also a good chance that we'll come back to Raleigh in the future (or at least to North Carolina). That's what I want, and I think Brandon wants it too. We're agreed on the idea that we don't want our child to have a Yankee accent. But it's really reassuring to know that he has a job, I can stay home with the baby for a little while, and we're not going to have to be dependent on my parents.

Real Housewife of Bellingham doesn't have the same ring to it, does it? But it's going to be my new title, and I guess it's 50% accurate, same as "of Raleigh" was. I was in Raleigh and not a housewife; but now I'll be a housewife outside of Raleigh. I'm just SO EXCITED about getting to decorate a nursery...I think I might swing by Home Depot tomorrow and look at paint chips :) Is it normal to love paint chips? Because I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment