Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Oh Lord.

I just got back from Firefly, a three-day music festival in Delaware that rocked my socks off and made me forget for a few days what my life is actually like on a day-to-day basis.  I'm starting to get back into it, now that my mother-in-law has gone back home.  Here's a sample: I'm standing in the kitchen typing this at the counter (and thinking how great a standing desk would be) and my two-year-old is running around with his juice cup and a graham cracker saying "cracker!"

So he comes in here and points at the cabinet where we keep the crackers WITH THE CRACKER IN HIS HAND and says "cracker?"

"Yeah, you've got a cracker, buddy."

(Violent head shake.) "No."

"That's your cracker!  Eat it!"

"No!" (Throws cracker on the floor.) "Uh-oh."

The logic of the toddler mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment