Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The genius of elastic

I was doing so well until this evening...I've learned, basically, that I cannot go more than a couple of hours without eating or my body WILL rebel and make me throw up, and the fetus does not care where I am or what I'm doing.

I actually have a bump. I hate referring to it as such, given the disgusting "bump watch" mentality of celebrity tabloids, but I flatter myself to say that I have any measure of celebrity or that anyone is watching for my bump (save perhaps my students, who are all crazy). But it's there: the belly is poking out noticeably, and if you feel it, it doesn't smush in like it used to when the only thing in there was...well...fat. So today I bought a belly band, since some of my pants are fitting rather tightly. This whole situation is still weird to me.

We've been out of school for three days because of the snowstorm that hit this weekend, and it's been making me wish for summer break or the time that I can actually take a little bit of time off. Brandon went to the job fair today, and has some good prospects for possible employment in the near future. I don't know where we're going to end up, but as long as he has a job I'll go wherever. Although I wouldn't be thrilled about Detroit.

No comments:

Post a Comment