Saturday, March 20, 2010

WORST. BLOG. EVER.

I haven't updated in forever. I KNOW, I KNOW, I'M SORRY. So much momentous stuff has been happening with my uterus and my job and my life situation that this kind of slipped my mind; but, here is an attempt to catch up on everything that I've missed writing about over the last couple of weeks.

First, it's a boy! I have ultrasound photos that will inevitably end up on facebook or here or something, so if you want to see them just ask. There are some creepy 3D ones and some creepy regular ones and the baby has a giant head and ridiculously powerful legs. Seriously, he's been kicking me and it kind of hurts.

Second, he HAS been kicking like an MMA fighter, and today was the first time that Brandon actually felt it. That was cool, although I think it kind of freaked him out, because there is a tiny person in there KICKING ME. Painfully. Did I mention that?

In non-belly related news, Brandon's been getting some positive response to job applications, which include a couple of interviews. Still no idea where we're going to end up living. I think he would take a job here just to not have to move, and he's finding some more prospects in the area, so perhaps we can actually get comfortable. I'm already planning to take some time off to chill with the kid, and justifying it with the idea that the money we'll save on daycare will make up for the loss of my salary. Bazinga!

I've kind of usurped the nursery decorating role and decided on an outer space theme. Then even if it turns out that it IS a girl, it will be okay, because space is cool for everyone. I'm also trying to get my hands on some kid-friendly books and movies (Pixar FTW), because right now there isn't a whole lot I can do with it: we don't know if we're going to be here or elsewhere. So why decorate someplace you won't even be in when the kid pops out?

The baby is now approximately banana-sized, according to the baby-fruit comparison chart I found online. I don't know why that's considered even remotely accurate, because last week it was a cantaloupe and unless it's gotten reeeeeal skinny, I don't get the comparison. I guess it's length only. Who knows? I've also started medication for my blood pressure, which was abnormally high and is now appallingly normal. So that's a good change.

So that's what I've missed, and what you've missed if you don't read my facebook or talk to me. Now I'm going to go lie down.

No comments:

Post a Comment