Monday, October 18, 2010

Teeth

Well, the last week or so has been a bit trying. Calvin is attempting to sprout teeth. There is one pronounced bump on his lower gums, and one on the upper gums as well. Typically babies grow their two middle teeth first, but my baby is not typical and has therefore decided to get started a little to the left. I bought a couple of teethers today for him to chew on in hopes that it will help with the fussing; baby Tylenol (Walgreens brand, since the real stuff was recalled) is sort of helpful but he has a lot of bad moments. He's asleep right now, since we ran a few errands and he's still chilling in the car seat, but it's been tough dealing with him recently. I hope they sprout soon and stop bothering him.

On top of that, last week was four-month immunizations, which meant two days of elevated temperature. Nothing too serious, and again with the knockoff Tylenol; he took it like a champ and slept a whole lot. He's doing really well sleeping through the night, but when he went in for the checkup his doctor said that his plagiocephaly (one side of his head is flatter than the other) is pronounced enough that he might need a helmet. We're hoping we can correct it by giving him lots of time on his tummy and his left side. If not, it's six weeks, 23 hours a day, in a helmet. I'm not a fan of this suggestion, but Brandon seems to think it would be adorable. I can't really argue that it would be cute, but I don't trust that it would be comfortable for him.

Yesterday we had a picnic at Borderland State Park, which is lovely. I took a few photos and Brandon played a couple of holes of disc golf. I think he really misses having friends to play with, since it's just not as exciting by yourself. That's the case with almost any sport. We also have plans for around Halloween, and Calvin has an adorable tiger costume that I'm planning to spin as transmogrified Calvin:



We're still working on a resolution to the hospital thing, and both our cars need repairs (Brandon's more so than mine). But things are looking good. Thanksgiving is coming up, then Christmas, and oh my God it's going to be a ridiculous couple of months. This is my favorite time of year. I can't wait until Calvin's first snow (and probably my first REAL snow--I hear it gets pretty crazy). There's so much to look forward to! It's absolutely terrifying.

No comments:

Post a Comment