Friday, November 6, 2009

This Is How We Do It, It's Friday Night

Well, I've already gotten slacker than I would like. Instead of doing laundry tonight, I mucked around on Facebook and watched Charlie run around (that's our chinchilla). I guess this means spending tomorrow on laundry and dishes. That seems to be a pattern for my weekends, which is fine.

At school I've just finished a two-day planning workshop using "backward design" principles. Although I was apprehensive about it at first, and really not thrilled to be out of my classroom, it was really helpful. I've pretty much planned the rest of my semester. It's a good place to be and I'm looking forward to teaching it. Yearbook is proving slightly less rosy with students not working and possibly stealing my candy. (Literally, but don't ask.)

Brandon and I have been talking a lot about what's going to happen at the end of the school year when he graduates and gets a job. I'm back and forth between graduate school and starting a family. If I go ahead and do grad school now, I'll be done with it; however, I know that I can have a kid and take classes part-time. I want to be around for my kids and not working full-time when they're little. It just comes down to when we think we're ready for it and when it happens. I have no trouble signing on for the stay-at-home mom program. It just depends on a lot of things, not the least of which is if and where he's employed.

And on that note, I'm off to bed. I injured my ankle at kickball so I might soak it in hot water before bed to try to ease the aching--although it's more of a twinge--and hopefully I'll be over it by tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment