Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving

Today is a teacher workday at school, and thinking that my work would take me a lot longer than it did, I'm nearly finished with everything. So I decided to take a break and write a little bit about the things I'm thankful for. This was a journal I gave my students the other day to tie in with the novel and the upcoming holiday, and I think it made them realize that they are, for the most part, very fortunate.

In no particular order, I am thankful for:

-My husband, who is able to cheer me up when I'm depressed and make me feel like a hundred bucks, and who's always there for me.
-My family, because I'm close to all of them. I feel really blessed to have a great family that I don't hate and that hasn't turned me into a psychopath.
-The wonderful people I work with, who are getting me through the year.
-My friends, who take me at face value and who are wonderful to talk to and spend time with.
-My pets, who are soft and cuddly and entertaining.
-My new hairstylist, who is awesome! And, with that, my new haircut, which is pretty much perfect.
-My students, who make me laugh intentionally and unintentionally, and who I'm probably going to miss in spite of all their annoyances.
-The ability to laugh.
-Patience.

And right now, I'm thankful to be heading home in a few hours to see my family and spend time with my husband and my friends. Vacations are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment