Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Week 24

Today was the first time I looked down at my belly at the right time and saw the kick. It didn't look like a foot; in fact, it looked a little like in the movie Alien when the thing is kicking around in her stomach right before it BURSTS OUT THE FRONT...but he stayed in there. It was strange to see and to think, "Hey, that's someone else's foot."

Also today, Melonie--our guidance counselor--brought me some more maternity clothes and a few baby clothes that her three month old has outgrown. I didn't ever really stop to realize that baby shirt torsos are the same size as my hand. And these are clothes designed to be worn by a human! A tiny human, but an actual human! This is kind of terrifying and also kind of awesome. At this point, the baby is 12 inches long, according to the 3D pregnancy calendar, which means he is the length of a $5 footlong. I don't think I'll look at a sandwich the same way for a while.

Brandon's job interview went pretty well. We're waiting to hear the results, and I'm going to be biting my nails until we find out. I just want him to have a job so I know that everything is okay. Regardless of where it is, if it's a job and he's happy with it, I will be too. But I'm not moving until the baby comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment