Sunday, August 22, 2010

August 22, 2010

Dear Calvin,

Today you are officially two months old, by date. Hooray! Technically I should have written this last Tuesday when you turned eight weeks, but you had just had your immunizations and were in a terrible mood. Not that you're in a good mood right now--your daddy is holding you while you fuss. You aren't interested in bouncing or having tummy time or looking out the window, even though we're trying our best. But since he has you, I'm going to go ahead and write this.

You now weight nine pounds, fifteen ounces. You have doubled your birth weight! You've been growing like a little weed, and you have the most adorable chubby cheeks I've ever seen. You kick like a champ and flail your arms and occasionally punch me in the face, but I don't mind. The other day you rolled over on your own for the first time, and once you got onto your back you just lay there, perfectly happy, because you had a goal and you had achieved it. I had to call your grandma to share right then and there.

We have been in Massachusetts now for a week and a half. The weather up here is much milder than down South, and so much else is different that we're still trying to adjust to. People talk and act different around here, and we aren't used to it. I think we'll like it well enough, and there is a lot to see and do, but I can't see this being a forever relocation. Just for a little while.

Your nursery is put together now, and it is amazing. I hooked up the star light I bought at IKEA, finished assembling the crib and changing table, and stocked your bookshelf (with help from Sarah, who brought us a bunch of books from her publisher). As soon as I finish going through your closet and getting some wall art in place, you are good to go.

You are developing a personality, and I can't wait to see what you become.

Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment