Monday, August 30, 2010

Hello, Baby

Today! Calvin smiled! And I caught it on camera!



He's almost at 11 pounds, which feels HUGE. I know there are some kids who are born weighing about that much, and that scares the crap out of me. We've been trying to give him tummy time every day and he's starting to move. He can spin himself, and has rolled over once, and he kicks like a fiend but doesn't really go anywhere. He gets frustrated by this and starts to whine, then fuss, then outright cry, so there is a limit to how long he can play on his tummy. He's going longer stretches at night, usually 4-6 hours and then three after that. This morning he woke up at 4, 6:30, and 8, but by 8 I wasn't tired. It surprised me. I have a lot of things I need to do today, so now that he's napping I can use this time and make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment