Sunday, August 8, 2010

You are overencumbered and cannot run!

Calvin has gotten used to being held when he's awake. This is a bit of a hassle for us, but not in a really bad way; I don't mind letting him hang out on me, and at the moment he's asleep on my legs. It makes typing awkward (you should see the position of my left arm) but it's very warm and super-cute.

We're packing the truck tomorrow for the move. It's terrifying, to be honest; I definitely don't feel prepared, and I can't believe that it's time. This means that Calvin has been alive for seven weeks. He's getting old! It's almost time for him to get a job and start pulling his own weight! Better get started on those speech and coordination skills, baby. For what it's worth, I'm really looking forward to everyone coming to help out and whatnot. I'm going to miss all of our friends.

We were driving back from Gastonia the other night and hit a dog on the interstate. It damaged the front end of my car and it may not be repaired by Wednesday. I'm hoping seriously that it will be, but if not, Mom and I will have to wait an extra day or two. It's cramping my style but isn't the end of the world.

Apart from that things are pretty good. Sadly, just before we're leaving, a new frozen yogurt place has opened over in Crossroads. It's amazing and reminds me of Yogurtland. I hope they have something like that near us in Boston or somewhere. We've gone nearly every day since it opened.

I'll probably start writing more regularly once we get settled.

No comments:

Post a Comment