Friday, August 27, 2010

Losing Track of Days

I love being a stay at home mom. I really do. I love my baby, and I'm glad I have him here to keep me company and make me smile and give me something to do all day. He's asleep right now so I can finally write. I've accomplished a lot today; I woke up with a migraine and was worried I wasn't going to be functional, but I took one of my 800mg ibuprofen tablets from the hospital and now I'm right as rain, so I made a Caesar salad for lunch and cleaned the kitchen, ran the dishwasher, did some laundry, and started to straighten up. I honestly thought Calvin was about to wake up so I stopped to make a bottle and wait for him, but I've been waiting almost a half hour and he's still passed out in the swing. He's so cute.

I know there are other moms who can vouch for this, but there's this amazing baby smell that he has that I wish I could bottle and sell. It's this sweet, milky, powdery sort of smell that I want to bury my face in and sniff. Yes, that sounds weird, and I'm aware of it, but it's one of the most enjoyable parts of my day--smelling that baby smell. Who'd have known?

Since I'm home all day with nothing to do (except all the aforementioned chores) I decided to look for cupcake shops in Boston, and was surprised to discover that there aren't any really well reviewed exclusively-cupcake shops. Then I got this idea for a cupcake that I want to sell; all I know is I want to call it the Loch Ness Mosnter and price it at "oh bout tree-fiddy." Which is reasonable for a large, delicious cupcake. I fully intend to start practicing my baking in the next few weeks. However, as job prospects go, I'm considering doing copywriting from home. I found a website that specializes in that, so I might give it a shot. I feel like soon, once the apartment is actually clean, I will want something else to do.

Well, I'm hearing little noises that signal to me that I need to pick that baby up and give him some food (RIGHT NOW, WOMAN) so I'm going to go be responsible or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment