Thursday, March 31, 2011

What Happened to March?

Well, I think that this year March was in like a lion and out like a lamb, because I didn't even realize it was over. Which it totally is. Tomorrow is April 1. WHAT? Good grief.

I have a job at Sylvan Learning Center tutoring basically whatever they need me to. I have some training modules to do as soon as possible, but right now I'm babysitting and blogging and I can probably get them done relatively quickly if I work tonight. Also, new tablet is coming today, allegedly, so perhaps I can work on that this weekend. But oh, yeah, Kim and Jessee are coming to visit, I have some minor housecleaning to do (not much, I managed to maintain after last week's Ginger Invasion 2011) and I have to drive to Boston at rush hour TWICE. Tomorrow and Monday. How bad will it be?

I have this sneaking suspicion that I'm coming down with something. The last two days I've had severe pains in my stomach and I've started getting those weird, pointed (that's the best word I can come up with) headaches that are concentrated to one spot, except they're recurring in the same spot. It's the right side of my head, and the pain shoots down into my neck and then fades. This has happened 5 or 6 times today. I'm going to chalk it up to tension, since while babysitting Jack he managed to UNPLUG SEVERAL CORDS FROM THE XBOX AND TRY TO EAT THEM. I was feeding Calvin a bottle, and I look up and there's Jack, with the Xbox turned around and cords clenched in his tiny fists. I yelled, "Jack, NO!" and he looked up at me like I didn't even matter, and went back to playing with these weird snakey things he had found, and weren't they fun? I stuffed a blanket in around the Xbox and will let Brandon deal with whatever has been pulled out.

WE NEED A NEW ENTERTAINMENT CENTER, HONEY, OR AT LEAST SOME KIND OF COVER FOR THE ELECTRONICS.

(Oh, who am I kidding, he doesn't read this.)

I might like to go see Spring Awakening when it comes to Worcester. I know four kids in this cast (and generally like them, although I doubt they remember me from Elon). I'm not even that interested in the show, but I hear it's good and, well, it would be cool to see a bunch of Elon kids in a professional production. I guess we'll see if it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment