Monday, February 21, 2011

Spencer Reid

Hi, Spencer Reid. I know you are a fictional character and all, but can we be friends?


The other day I caught the old episode of Criminal Minds where the good Dr. Reid gets addicted to Dilaudid after Dawson Leery holds him prisoner because he's schizophrenic and thinks he's his father. (I love explaining things without context.) This is not the first episode I've watched, and every time I see it I can't help but want to give him a totally platonic hug and go out for coffee. I have a soft spot in my heart for awkwardness, and he embodies it. This is also why I want to hang out with the guys from The Big Bang Theory. Smart people who are just a little off the social grid. That's the group I ran with in high school and the type of people I'm closest to now.

My friends are computer programmers, video game designers, engineers, teachers, and all-around intellectuals. I like them.

All day I kept thinking of smart things I wanted to blog about, and then I forgot them all. Tomorrow is Calvin's eight-month birthday. I guess whatever awesome things I've thought of will have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment