Friday, February 25, 2011

Parenting: Super-Serious

Molly and I took the babies to IKEA today. I did not buy anything. Aren't you impressed?

We were in the cafe and a couple walked up to us and asked how old our babies were. It's scary to think that they're eight and ten months old now.

"I have a five-month-old," said the lady. "A girl."

"Ours is in the car," said the guy. We all laughed. Molly said, "I hope you cracked a window!"

I tell you this story because I want to relay the importance of laughter and occasionally inappropriate joking to raising a child. You can't take everything seriously or you'll go insane. I love meeting people who can laugh at comments like that rather than going bananas over the very idea of leaving your child in a car while you shop.

My parents are coming to visit tomorrow! I'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment