Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving II: Electric Boogaloo

We spent Thanksgiving at my parents' house, which was crazy. First of all, it's about 20 degrees warmer in North Carolina, and second, they still have most of the leaves on the trees. Thanksgiving itself was spent with my parents; my brother; my dad's parents; my dad's sister and her two kids; my dad's other sister, her husband, her daughter, and her daughter's boyfriend; my mom's sister and her two girls; and, briefly, Brandon's grandmother. We were all in my mom's house for the first time in about 7 years (I think that's the last time we hosted) and it was a CHORE. I made Paula Deen green bean casserole that I hear was pretty good, but I don't actually like green bean casserole so I didn't eat any. We also had sweet potatoes, cranberry casserole, four different kinds of stuffing, turkey, ham, rice, rolls, gravy, I don't even know, plus pies and cookies and cake. I eated too much :(

I also may have eaten at Bojangles' three times in four days.

On Black Friday I got a nifty pair of snow boots, a football for Calvin, and an NCSU shirt that I was sort of embarrassed to wear after the atrocity that was Saturday's game. We should have played better, but the spot at the end was so off it was disgusting. People have said it's nice to be able to blame the refs for making such a poor call, but we should never have been in that situation, so the blame is shared. Still, we should have had a chance.

Anyway, since it's Thanksgiving (or just after) here is the list of what I am thankful for:

-My son, who is noisily falling asleep in his swing behind me while I type, and the fact that he is paid in full by the hospital that took care of him for two weeks. I can't tell you how thankful I am for that.
-My husband, who keeps me sane.
-My friends back home, whom I can click with immediately upon returning from months away and who are great about keeping in touch.
-My new friends here, who make this place a lot more enjoyable.
-My family, who love me and help out however I need it.

Brandon and I are going to try going back on South Beach to counteract the damage done over the last several months since we stopped doing it. I have to make a grocery list and go to the store today, so hopefully we can stick with it again and make things happen. I hate admitting this, but I weigh more now than I did at my heaviest point during pregnancy. Eek.

No comments:

Post a Comment