Wednesday, December 1, 2010

grbaslfb

I went to bed at 11:30 last night. Calvin woke up at 12:30 and made noise until about 2. During that hour and a half period, I fed him, fixed his blankets, rubbed his head, and finally just went back to bed to listen to the weird little sounds he made on the baby monitor. He woke up at 6:30. Most mornings he'll go back to sleep after I feed and change him, but not today. Not in his crib, not in our bed, nothing. He was ready to go. I dragged both of us out of bed at 8:15. He has taken one half-hour nap today. I am exhausted.

He's been sleepy for the last hour or so, but he wouldn't fall asleep in his swing, so I took him in our room and got in bed with him, and he fussed the whole time. Finally, after about 15 minutes, I thought maybe he was hungry so I got up to make him another bottle. I walked into the kitchen and he went silent. When I looked back in our room, he was asleep.

CHILDREN ARE WONDERFUL. /sarcasm

Now I'm so keyed up from listening to him cry for the last hour and a half that I can't fall asleep and I SO DESPERATELY NEED A NAP. But I can't take one because now I have to go clean the apartment for playgroup tomorrow. And figure out what to make for snacks. And I have a holiday party planning meeting in the morning so I can't clean tomorrow.

I'm so tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment